Have you ever heard of a law so crazy that you wondered how it even became a law? Did you know that there are crazy laws that actually exist? There are laws in California that you would probably consider crazy and will make you wonder how it even got enforced.
Here are few “crazy” laws within California:
- Sunshine is guaranteed to the masses.
- Women may not drive in a house coat.
- Bathhouses are against the law.
- Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
- Women may not wear high heels while in the city limits of Carmel.
- Nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool in Baldwin Park.
It is imaginable that any of these laws were ever enforced, especially when it involves controlling wild animals. These laws are definitely strange and this is just the tip of the iceberg. California has many other weird laws, and so does the rest of the country.
Here are some of the weird laws in the United States:
- In Alabama, you may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time.
- In Texas, criminals are required to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, explaining the nature of the crime committed.
- In Oklahoma, it is against the law for anyone to take a bite from someone else’s hamburger.
- Whaling is also illegal in Oklahoma.
- In Wyoming, you may not take a picture of a rabbit from January to April without an official permit.
There are hundreds of other crazy and weird laws in California and the rest of the country. Some of them will make you scratch your head and wonder how these laws even came into existence. It is not like there are any whales in Oklahoma that whalers would be hunting for. Regardless of how these laws came about, they do exist, even though it is doubtful anyone would ever be arrested for breaking any of these laws, but we will never know.